Digital Preschool Screenings for 2020-21 School Year
The Council Bluffs Community School District will offer families of children three or four years of age on or before September 15, 2020, the opportunity to be digitally screened for placement into our preschool programs for the 2020-21 school year.
The digital screening window will be open from Monday, July 27 through Friday, August 7. If you missed the screening window, please call 712-227-0098. Families interested in the digital preschool screenings must complete the Preschool Screening Application and the following steps.
Step 1 - Complete the online Preschool Screening Application.
Step 2 - Calculate your child’s age in months and days using this age calculator.
Enter your child’s date of birth in the top box and today’s date in the bottom box. Write down your child’s age in months and days. This information will be used to complete Step 3 and Step 4 (see page 2 for example).
Step 3 - Complete the ASQ-3 developmental screener associated with your child’s age in months and days.
- ASQ-3: 30 months (28 months 16 days to 31 months 15 days)
- ASQ-3: 33 months (31 months 16 days to 34 months 15 days)
- ASQ-3: 36 months (34 months 16 days to 38 months 30 days)
- ASQ-3: 42 months (39 months 0 days to 44 months 30 days)
- ASQ-3 48 months (45 months 0 days to 50 months 30 days)
- ASQ-3 54 months (51 months 0 days to 56 months 30 days)
- ASQ-3 60 months (57 months 0 days to 66 months 0 days)
Step 4 - Complete the ASQ-SE Social-Emotional screener associated with your child’s age in months and days.
- ASQ-SE: 30 months (27 months 0 days to 32 months 30 days)
- ASQ-SE: 36 months (33 months 0 days to 41 months 30 days)
- ASQ-SE: 48 months (42 months 0 days to 53 months 30 days)
- ASQ-SE 60 months (54 months 0 days to 72 months 0 days)
Step 5 - Send household income verification (2019 Federal 1040 tax return form) to email@example.com. If two parents filed separately, we will need copies of both forms. Please put your child’s name in the subject line.
Once you have completed all the required steps, you will receive a call or email with a placement offer if your child meets the eligibility criteria. Families will also receive written notification if your child is ineligible or placed on the waitlist.