Parent Mass Notification System
Messages sent by voicemail, email and text.
The Council Bluffs Community School District sends information of importance to families, including reminders, attendance notifications and emergency messages.
Here are a few tips to ensure you receive the most benefit from the system:
- Make sure your contact information is updated with the school. Parent and guardian contact information is updated from our student information system into the mass notification system each night. If your information is outdated in our student system it will be outdated in the mass notification system.
- Our system allows us to send messages as voice calls, emails, text messages and push notifications to the district’s mobile app. General outreach messages are usually sent as voice calls and emails. Emergency messages will be sent out using all methods.
- You can change which messages you receive via different methods using the district’s mobile app. See below for details.
- You have the ability to opt-out of messages by pushing a number at the end of a call or by clicking a link in email messages.
Per FCC regulations, users have the ability to opt out of receiving routine notifications from the campus/district.
Please note: In the event of an emergency, opt out preferences will be ignored by the notification system. Users who have opted out of routine notifications will still receive emergency notifications.
Here are opt out/unsubscribe/resubscribe instructions -
Users can opt out of (unsubscribe):
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text "STOP" to the short code 60680. After you send the SMS message "STOP" to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program, you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at 877-090-2581.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You may receive messages approximately 2-4 per week. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Users can opt back into (resubscribe):
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Emails: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address that has been opted out.
Parents/guardians have the option to set delivery preferences and to view messages from the mass notification system.
Using the district’s mobile app:
- Download and install the mobile app from your device's app store.
- Open the app and select the settings icon located at the top right of your device's screen.
- Choose the "Follow Schools" menu item to select the schools that your students attend.
- Select the message options for each school then return to the settings screen.
- Under Alerts, select "Edit Delivery Preferences".
- Select the delivery method icons (app, text, phone and email) for each type of notification (attendance, balance, survey and other).
- Check the checkbox next to the phone number or email address to receive the notifications.
- Repeat for each notification type and method.
- Select "SAVE" when finished.
Access Informational Flyers for District Families...
The Council Bluffs Community School District utilizes Peachjar.com to send out flyers to parents. In this way, we can save time, paper, and money through electronically distributing news, announcements, and upcoming events to our students’ families.
Outside organizations must register an account on Peachjar.com, select our school district and the corresponding schools to which they want their flyer sent, pay a small fee based on the number of schools selected, and upload their PDF flyer for approval by the school district.
In order for a flyer to be approved, it MUST contain clear information about the event (location, time, etc), contact information in case of questions, and our district disclaimer. This can be small and at the bottom. Disclaimer: “These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Board of Education of the Council Bluffs Community School District, the superintendent or this school.”
All parents with their email address on file with the District will automatically begin receiving e-flyers in their inbox. They have the ability to monitor the numbers of emails sent and how frequently. Additionally, all e-flyers can be viewed by clicking the Peachjar button located on each school’s website.
Please visit www.peachjar.com for more answers to your questions.