Education is an adventure in human relationships.— Gerald W. Kirn, "Where There is No Vision," Address to the Iowa State Teacher's Association, 1941
Gerald W. Kirn Middle School, located in Council Bluffs, Iowa, is a public middle school in the Council Bluffs Community School District. Kirn is an academic institution that offers a variety of educational and recreational opportunities for students in grades six through eight. Courses include computer applications, Spanish, vocal music, band, orchestra and fine arts classes. Kirn offers a range of extra-curricular activities and athletics. Kirn students proceed to Abraham Lincoln High School.
Learn More about the 8th Grade Career Planning
Forum to be held on February 24th…
Important Dates to Remember:
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015 – Boys Swimming Unit begins in PE.
- Monday, February 9, 2015 – 6:30 pm – 8th Grade Family Night @ ALHS.
- Tues., Feb. 10th & Wed. Feb. 11th – Hearing Tests for 8th Grade & designated students.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2015 – ALHS Counselors will visit Kirn to provide course-selection presentations. These occur during students’ regular science and social stuies classes.
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015 – ALHS Counselors will visit Kirn to help 8th Graders enter course requests into Power School.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015 – ALHS Counselor will be at Kirn to help 8th Grade students who were absent 2/18.
- Tuesday, February 24, 2015–8th Grade Career Planning Forum at Iowa Western Community College 6 p.m.
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 – End of Second Trimester
Thursday, March 5, 2015 through Monday, March 9, 2015 – Vacation/Potential Snow Make Up Days
- Friday, May 15, 2015 – 8th Graders visit ALHS.
Please refer often to our updated “Notices and Information” page. It currently holds information regarding:
- “A Note from the Nurse: Influenza Information”
- Kirn’s Winter Building Policy
- PE Swimming Classes
- Phone Messages for Students
- Food Deliveries for Students
REMINDER: Students are reminded that they need to cross Kanesville either at the overpass or at the crosswalk – NOT in the middle of the block. We’ve had numerous reports of students almost being hit by cars as they cross mid-block on their way to Kirn – these reports included those walking, on bikes and on scooters. The SRO will ticket students for jaywalking if they are caught crossing in the middle of the block.
* If you are looking for information on Kirn Activities or Athletics, please see the schedule posted on the Activity/Athletic page.
To sign your child up for give kids a smile , download this form and return it to Mrs. McGreevy.
Click the link below to access our new way to distribute flyers to families!
6:30 PM- 8:00 PM