Education is an adventure in human relationships.— Gerald W. Kirn, "Where There is No Vision," Address to the Iowa State Teacher's Association, 1941
Council Bluffs, IA 51503 (view map)
- Mr. Mike Johnson
- Mrs. Jerri Larson
Tuesday - Friday: 7:55 a.m. - 2:55 p.m.
Gerald W. Kirn Middle School, located in Council Bluffs, Iowa, is a public middle school in the Council Bluffs Community School District. Kirn is an academic institution that offers a variety of educational and recreational opportunities for students in grades six through eight. Courses include computer applications, Spanish, vocal music, band, orchestra and fine arts classes. Kirn offers a wide range of extra-curricular activities and athletics as well as before and after-school clubs that are part of a 21st Century Community Learning Center. Kirn students proceed to Abraham Lincoln High School.
Summer Office Hours: Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Friday: 7 a.m. to noon.
Revised 8/26/15! Bus Stops and Times
Many of our bus stops and times have been changed! If you live outside the 2 mile boundary or had a student riding at the end of last year, please check this list as soon as possible to insure that you have the most current bus number and stop time for your student. THANK YOU!
For up-to-the-minute information, don’t forget about Kirn’s Facebook Page!
View or Download the Kirn Supply List 2015-2016
2015-16 Bus Information
Leadership Academy Golf Tournament Sign-Up Form
Important Dates to Remember:
- August 27 – Back to School Night
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm (last names A-K)
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm (last names L-Z)
- August 31, 2015 – First Day of School!
- September 7, 2015 – Labor Day Holiday
- October 23, 2015 – Teacher Trade Day/Student Vacation Day
- November 23, 2015 – End of 1st Trimester
- November 24, 2015 – Staff Development/Student Vacation Day
- November 25-27, 2015 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- November 30, 2015 – Begin 2nd Trimester
Please refer often to our updated “Notices and Information” page.
Click the link below to access our new way to distribute flyers to families!